Sunday 19 June 2011

reflection on lighting

Lighting has been really mixed for me this year. In the beginning of the year i decided to confront some of my weaknesses and try something new. Dan Dalli gave us an experimental unit that allowed us to explore other technical areas which we haven't tired before and so i decided upon lighting. Learning the basics has been helpful but i didn't have much time to go further and learn more lighting when things started piling up. My duties as a modeller and rigger took over most of the time when i was developing my character (Ash) hence that didn't leave me much time to explore further in lighting. When it came to lighting the final scene for our final major project, i just used all the basic skills i learnt about in lighting and applied them to our scene. The inital results were good and got positive feedback but i missed some areas that i didn't light up probably and my colleagues had to point out to me these areas that didn't light up proparly. Lighting is an area that i was intrigued to learn about but comitting the time has been difficult and for that my work suffered. This is an area i will look into when this animation year is over and i will be keen to progress further and learn more about lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment